I love Halloween. It ranks amongst my top favorite holidays, of which only includes two others: Christmas, and Thanksgiving. It’s a week-long process of costume planning (and/or coordinating), costume hunting, little to no guilt about consuming “fun-size” candy bars by the handful, and indulging in the spirit of imagination. Apparently Halloween is a four-day, weekend-long celebration here, and no one is complaining. Especially not I.
- Need last minute ideas? Tonight, after all, is only Mischief Night, and that leaves an entire day (and a good portion of Halloween day itself!) to conjure up some costumes. I’ve written mini guides on ideas here and here, available for your perusal.
- OPI’s limited edition Holiday 2010 collection promoting the upcoming film Burlesque consists of shimmery and glittery polishes. It’s glitz and glamour, alright, but a bit too youthful for my taste. However, all of the opaque reds, particularly “Tease-y Does It,” are truly lovely. They’re perfect for the holiday season with that extra bit of sparkle—not to mention, the application is smooth. Only two coats are required for the full effect; it covers any chips/imperfections of the actual nail, and dries quickly.
- I’ve rekindled my love affair with instant oatmeal. Maple Syrup with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Roll are absolutely scrumptious.
- Halloween festivities are the best, for all the reasons listed in the introductory paragraph. And the real fun hasn’t yet begun…
- The Victoria’s Secret MVP (Most Valuable Pant) Yoga leggings, in natural leopard, are as sexy as loungewear/work out attire can get. In a well-constructed, thick black cotton/spandex—which ensures it wearable as a yoga pant—and a fold-over leopard band with “LOVE PINK” printed unabashedly above the derrière, it’s well worth the price. I’m obsessed; it’s a thumbs up from me. And the boys.
- My satin, leopard print comforter make the college dorm bed seem far more comfortable and luxe than it is in reality. I’m satisfied.
…and that’s it. Let me know of any fabulous Halloween plans! And, better yet, your costume(s). I’m quite the curious kitten.
. . .