Let’s just say I’m happy to see 2016 go—but it’s not to say that there weren’t a few good things worth mentioning that happened in 2016.
- I discovered one of my now favorite vegan restaurants (on New Year’s Eve last year, no less) that has quickly become my go-to spot for solid, feel-good meal. Yes, this warrants as one of top 16: food is fuel, people. And it’s restaurants like this that help me in my journey towards becoming fully plant-based.
- My girls and I had an epic reunion in D.C. The recurring theme for every Capitol trip: eat, sleep, pole, repeat.
- Saks Fifth Avenue opened not one, but two locations in Toronto—which meant I needed to make the trip for visits and trainings. Exciting work trip aside, I always fall in love with Toronto a little more each time I’m there.
- Baby bought herself a Balenciaga in celebration of work and life milestones.
- I was selected as one of top 10 finalists in becoming the new face of GFranco shoes! I didn’t win, but being one of ten (of hundreds of beautiful dancers) and seeing how supportive my friends were was incredible.
- This was the year of dance. The Other Mambo Girls celebrated their first year together and was selected to perform at the New York Salsa Congress; I was made the artistic co-director of NJ Sensual Touch; and I’m currently the official trainer for Desiree’s NJ Ladies WTP! All this in just three years. I’m humbled, grateful, and still can’t believe it.
- I went to Greece and never wanted to come back.
- I bought a condo!!
- My girls and I had another reunion, but this time in Boston. I came back home happy: heart full (and tummy, too).
- Laughter—and a plant-based diet—are the best form of medicine. Dinner at By Chloe followed by my friend’s improv show at Stonestreet Studios was easily one of the best nights I’ve had in a while.
. . .