1. As I write this, it’s Thursday, Aug 10—which means ONE MORE SLEEP until my best friends come to play! I’ve been running around trying to play the part of hostess with the mostest, and for the first time since moving into my condo, my fridge no longer resembles that of a (plant-based) bachelorette. I have fruit. Cheese for the dairy inclined.. A veggie platter. Salad. Vegan balls. Sour gummies, also for the non-vegan. Six bottles of wine. Trader Joe’s Speculoos cookie butter. Fresh guest towels. The boujee-est air mattress money can buy, and perhaps most important of all, lavender-and-vanilla scented Poo~Pourri.
2. RMS Beauty Lucky eye polish is, singlehandedly, the most beautiful makeup product you could own. It’s organic, indie, it’s lovely on the lids—but if you’re medium to tanned in skin tone, it makes for a stunning bronze-y highlight. I refuse to wear anything else. What’s the point?
3. And for your dose of weekend inspiration, a solid #FBF featuring one of my favorite sentiments, said by one of my favorite women, as told to one of my favorite sites:
“I manage it all—I woman it!”
—Martha Stewart, as told to ITG
4. I’ve gotten so much wear out of all my Kara bags that I can’t remember a time without them. The sheer simplicity is genius. Sarah Law, you don’t know me, but much, much thanks for bringing your designs into the world.
5. Toying around with the idea of making videos on YouTube. Partly for shits and giggles, but mostly to work on my comfort when talking in general. Even though I’ve become rusty with my (written) voice, I’m infinitely more at ease—if not more intelligent—writing than I am speaking.
Also: if you don’t have a ‘Tube these days, who are you even—am I right? Besides my mother and Kevin, who would watch?
. . .